270 sq. feet of luxury with lounge area, solid American black walnut flooring throughout and contemporary designer furniture.
King size handmade bed set against a vaulted, high ceiling feature wall.
Luxury bathroom with oversize double air bath, spacious shower, bathroom TV and chromotherapy mood lighting
The name - 'Patterdale' Suite
We've named each of the suites after towns and villages in the Lake District. But whichever suite you stay in - whether it's Keswick, Coniston, Bowness or Cartmel, Patterdale, Ambleside, Grasmere or Hawkshead - we've gone to such great lengths to make your stay as luxurious and relaxing as possible, that you might not leave your suite. So we've included a bit of information on each place, just in case!
A small village at the foot of Ullswater, Patterdale is popular for walkers wanting to explore Helvellyn and the surrounding peaks and fells.
Patterdale is a small village close to Ullswater and can be reached via the Kirkstone Pass from Ambleside and Troutbeck. It is ideally placed for various hill walks, in particular Striding Edge up to Helvellyn, Place Fell, the Red Screes or a more leisurely walk around Ullswater, one of the Lake District's largest lakes at around 9 miles in length. It's also close to one of the Lake District's smallest lakes (or largest tarns depending who you speak to) â€“ Brothers Water.
Did you know?
Brothers Water began life as Broad Water until two brothers drowned in the lake (tarn) in the 19th century, prompting it to be renamed.
Alfred Wainwright considered Patterdale one of his favourite valleys.
Or rather famous dog. The Patterdale Terrier is a working dog breed which originates from the Lake District. Generally about 10 â€“ 12 inches in height, the modern day Patterdale Terrier has a smooth black coat, although historically the colour of the coat was prone to some variation.
Things to do
Patterdale is known as a walkers' valley and acts as a great starting point for Helvellyn, Glenridding Dodd, High Street and Fairfield (to name but a few). Or for a truly relaxing way to spend a day, the Ullswater Steamers are the perfect way to see this beautiful lake.
Features At A Glance
- Luxury 270 sq feet suite with lounge area featuring designer sofa & furniture
- Luxury solid American black walnut flooring throughout with high quality furniture and furnishing from well known designers such as Philippe Starck
- King size handmade bed set against a vaulted high ceiling feature wall
- 42" wall TV with 8 satellite channels
- Free wireless internet access
- Walk in large wardrobe with guest safe & well stocked mini bar
- Luxury bathroom with Italian designer glass tiles, oversize double air bath, oversize shower with LED showerhead, under floor heating, LED taps, bathroom TV &Chromotherapy mood ambience lighting
- Dining table & chairs for private breakfast served in the suite
- Complimentary tea, coffee & bottled water
- IPod docking station with clock radio
- Telephone for in room service of drinks & food all served with Villeroy & Boch ceramics, glassware & cutlery of the highest quality
- Designer crystal lighting throughout
- Individual wall coverings & coordinating luxurious soft furnishings
- Complimentary private parking
Windermere Suites is a unique place to stay, and gift vouchers would make a fantastic and memorable gift, ideal for an anniversary or wedding gift, a Christmas or birthday present, or to just to say thank you to someone special.Read more...