A luxury 350 sq. feet suite with lounge area, carpeted throughout and featuring high quality designer furniture.
Super king handmade silver leaf bed and 42" wall mounted TV.
Luxury curved wall bathroom with oversize double air bath, spacious shower, bathroom TV and Chromotherapy mood lighting.
The name - 'Hawkshead' Suite
We've named each of the suites after towns and villages in the Lake District. But whichever suite you stay in - whether it's Keswick, Coniston, Bowness or Cartmel, Patterdale, Ambleside, Grasmere or Hawkshead - we've gone to such great lengths to make your stay as luxurious and relaxing as possible, that you might not leave your suite. So we've included a bit of information on each place, just in case!
Arguably one of the prettiest villages in Cumbria, Hawkshead is nestled in the beautiful vale of Esthwaite.
Hawkshead, arguably one of the prettiest villages in Cumbria, is a collection of houses, archways, streets and squares that remain largely unspoiled and so maintain the charm and beauty which so captivated William Wordsworth and Beatrix Potter. Hawkshead is situated in the heart of the Lake District close to Esthwaite Water, between Windermere and Coniston. It's ideally situated for trips to Windermere and Bowness (via the ferry), as well as Coniston, Grizedale, Grasmere and Ambleside.
Did you know?
If you fancy fishing, Esthwaite Water is the largest stocked lake in the north west of England. But you could find yourself in competition with the ospreys that visit the lake each year!
William Wordsworth went to Hawkshead Grammar School and to prove it he carved his initials in one of the desks.
William Heelis, Beatrix Potter's husband and a local solicitor, had his office in Hawkshead. This is now the Beatrix Potter Gallery.
Things to do
Hawkshead has a large pub to population ratio so a good place to visit if you fancy a drink! Alternatively, with Grizedale Forest not far away, you could do a bit of mountain biking or even try Go Ape! Hawkshead Grammar School Museum is open from April to October if you fancy experiencing classroom life from around 200 years ago. Or the Beatrix Potter Gallery exhibits some of Beatrix Potter's original illustrations.
Features At A Glance
- Luxury 350 sq feet suite with lounge area featuring designer sofa &furniture
- Luxury designer carpeted throughout with high quality furniture and furnishing from well known designers such as Philippe Starck
- Super king handmade silver leaf bed
- 42" wall TV with 8 satellite channels
- Free wireless internet access
- Walk in wardrobe with guest safe & well stocked mini bar
- Luxury curved wall bathroom with Italian designer glass tiles, oversize double air bath, oversize shower with LED showerhead, under floor heating LED taps, bathroom TV & Chromotherapy mood ambience lighting
- LED pin lighting to feature curved walls
- Dining table & chairs for private breakfast served in the suite
- Complimentary tea, coffee & bottled water
- iPod docking station with clock radio
- Telephone for in room service of drinks & food all served with Villeroy & Boch ceramics, glassware & cutlery of the highest quality
- Designer crystal lighting throughout
- Individual wall coverings & coordinating luxurious soft furnishings
- Complimentary private parking
Windermere Suites is a unique place to stay, and gift vouchers would make a fantastic and memorable gift, ideal for an anniversary or wedding gift, a Christmas or birthday present, or to just to say thank you to someone special.Read more...