280 sq. feet of luxury, lounge area, carpeted throughout and featuring contemporary designer furniture.
Super king handmade bed and 38" wall hung oscillating TV.
Oversize double air bath, spacious shower, bathroom TV and mood lighting.
The name - 'Grasmere' Suite
We've named each of the suites after towns and villages in the Lake District. But whichever suite you stay in - whether it's Keswick, Coniston, Bowness or Cartmel, Patterdale, Ambleside, Grasmere or Hawkshead - we've gone to such great lengths to make your stay as luxurious and relaxing as possible, that you might not leave your suite. So we've included a bit of information on each place, just in case!
Grasmere is a delightful village in the heart of the Lake District. It is also the name of the lake on which the village stands. The village is overlooked by Helm Crag, also known as The Lion and the Lamb or The Old Lady at the Piano (depending on which way you are looking at it). These names have been used to describe the shapes of the rocks on Helm Crag's summit. The village thrives on tourism, brought on by its most famous inhabitant, William Wordsworth. William Wordsworth described Grasmere as â€œthe loveliest spot that man hath ever foundâ€.
Did you know?
Sting has a house in the area.
There is a piece of land between the church and the river which has become the Wordsworth Daffodil Garden, where you can have an engraved stone set in the path. Among the names are Rolf Harris, Michael Ball and Gloria Hunniford.
William Wordsworth moved into Dove Cottage with his sister Dorothy in 1799 before eventually moving to Rydal Mount. William Wordsworth died while out walking in 1850. There is a simple tombstone for him and his wife, Mary, in the churchyard of St Oswald's Church.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge lived in Dove Cottage with William Wordsworth and his sister Dorothy.
Sarah Nelson, the original maker of the world famous Grasmere Gingerbread.
Things to do
Pleasant walks around the lake or along the river. Hire a rowing boat on the lake, available from March to November. Take in a story by world-renowned storyteller, Taffy Thomas. Visit the Grasmere Gingerbread Shop, housed in the former village school, or the Heaton Cooper Studio where there is a permanent display of work by W Heaton Cooper and A Heaton Cooper, two of the most recognized watercolour artists of the Lake District. Or in the summer you can enjoy the Rushbearing Festival, the Lake Artists Society Summer Exhibition in Grasmere Village Hall or Grasmere Sports Day, one of the oldest and most popular events in the Lake District, which is held in late August every year.
Features At A Glance
- Luxury 280 sq feet suite with lounge area featuring designer sofa & furniture
- Luxury designer carpeted throughout with high quality furniture and furnishing from well known designers such as Philippe Starck
- Super king handmade bed
- 38" wall hung oscillating TV with 8 satellite channels
- Free wireless internet access
- Italian white glass large wardrobe with guest safe & well stocked mini bar
- Luxury bathroom with Italian designer glass tiles, oversize double air bath, oversize shower with LED showerhead, under floor heating, LED taps, bathroom TV & Chromotherapy mood ambience lighting
- Dining table & chairs for private breakfast served in the suite
- Complimentary tea, coffee & bottled water
- iPod docking station with clock radio
- Telephone for in room service of drinks & food all served with Villeroy & Boch ceramics, glassware & cutlery of the highest quality
- Designer crystal lighting throughout
- Individual wall coverings & coordinating luxurious soft furnishings
- Complimentary private parking
Windermere Suites is a unique place to stay, and gift vouchers would make a fantastic and memorable gift, ideal for an anniversary or wedding gift, a Christmas or birthday present, or to just to say thank you to someone special.Read more...