A luxury 410 sq. feet suite with high lofted ceiling, lounge area, solid black walnut flooring and designer furniture throughout and a Juliette balcony.
Super king handmade silver leaf bed.
Luxury bathroom with oversize double air bath, spacious shower, bathroom TV and Chromotherapy mood lighting.
The name - 'Cartmel' Suite
We've named each of the suites after towns and villages in the Lake District. But whichever suite you stay in - whether it's Keswick, Coniston, Bowness or Cartmel, Patterdale, Ambleside, Grasmere or Hawkshead - we've gone to such great lengths to make your stay as luxurious and relaxing as possible, that you might not leave your suite. So we've included a bit of information on each place, just in case!
Cartmel is one of Cumbria's oldest villages and is famous for, among other things, its 12th century priory and its sticky toffee pudding.
Cartmel is a village in the Lake District, just a few miles from Grange-over-Sands. It sits on the River Eea and is home to Cartmel Sticky Toffee Pudding, Cartmel Racecourse and Cartmel Priory. Over the years the priory has been used as a prison and as a school.
Did you know?
Sticky Toffee Pudding flavour ice cream was the winning flavour in the 2006 Haagen-Dazs contest.
Cartmel Racecourse has a four furlong run-in, the longest run-in in Britain.
Well, famous food. Cartmel Sticky Toffee pudding is a moist sponge cake made using finely chopped dates and covered in a rich, sticky toffee sauce. There are several versions of the dessert's originsâ€¦ but one thing is true. It tastes fantastic!
Things to do
As well as eating Cartmel Sticky Toffee Pudding or going to the races at Cartmel Racecourse on May and August Bank Holidays, Holker Hall is just up the road. With its 25 acre garden, it is a great example of a mixed English garden. You can also visit the Lakeland Motor Museum at Holker Hall.
Features At A Glance
- Luxury 410 sq feet suite with a high lofted ceiling, lounge area with designer sofa &furniture
- Solid black walnut flooring throughout with high quality furniture and furnishing from well known designers such as Philippe Starck
- Super king handmade silver leaf Frank Hudson bed
- 42" wall TV in bedroom &Lounge with 8 satellite channels
- Free wireless internet access
- Juliette balcony with views over Windermere roof tops to fells
- Walk in wardrobe with guest safe &well stocked mini bar
- Luxury bathroom with Italian designer glass tiles, oversize double air bath, oversize shower with LED showerhead, under floor heating, LED taps, bathroom TV &Chromotherapy mood ambience lighting
- Dining table &chairs for private breakfast served in the suite
- Complimentary tea, coffee &bottled water
- Telephone for in room service of drinks &food all served with Villeroy &Boch ceramics, glassware &cutlery of the highest quality
- IPod docking station with clock radio
- Designer crystal lighting throughout
- Individual wall coverings &coordinating luxurious soft furnishings
- Complimentary private parking
Windermere Suites is a unique place to stay, and gift vouchers would make a fantastic and memorable gift, ideal for an anniversary or wedding gift, a Christmas or birthday present, or to just to say thank you to someone special.Read more...