A 365 sq feet luxury suite, lounge area, solid black walnut flooring and designer furniture throughout.
Super king handmade silver leaf bed.
Oversize double air bath, spacious shower, bathroom TV and ambience lighting.
Your own 110 sq. feet terrace for relaxing moments outdoors.
The name - 'Ambleside' Suite
We've named each of the suites after towns and villages in the Lake District. But whichever suite you stay in - whether it's Keswick, Coniston, Bowness or Cartmel, Patterdale, Ambleside, Grasmere or Hawkshead - we've gone to such great lengths to make your stay as luxurious and relaxing as possible, that you might not leave your suite. So we've included a bit of information on each place, just in case!
Ambleside is situated at the northern end of Lake Windermere surrounded by picturesque scenery such as Loughrigg Fell, the Red Screes and Wansfell. It is a popular base for hikers and mountain bikers and offers a good selection of shops and restaurants. One of the most photographed buildings in the Lake District is in Ambleside â€“ the tiny, two room Bridge House which was built over Stock Beck more than 300 years ago.
Did you know?
Legend has it that at one time a family with 6 children lived in Bridge House. It was built over Stock Beck in order to avoid land tax.
The Romans built a fort here (dating back to AD79) in order to defend south Lakeland from invasion by the Picts and Scots. It housed some 500 soldiers.
William Wordsworth had an office in Ambleside when he was Collector of Stamps for Westmorland.
Kurt Schwitters moved to Ambleside at the end of the Second World War, having left Germany and been interned on the Isle of Man in 1940.
Things to do
There's no shortage of things to do in Ambleside. It's a great starting point for walking and mountain biking. You can take a ferry to Bowness or even to Lakeside at the southern end of Lake Windermere. There are plenty of pubs and restaurants, as well as shops, including the UK's largest independent outdoor equipment store, Gaynor Sports. There's also the Armitt Museum, an important resource for information on Ambleside and Lake District in general, and the people who have helped shape it into what it is today. Or take a walk up to Stock Ghyll Force, a spectacular 70ft waterfall.
Features At A Glance
- Luxury 365 sq feet suite with lounge area featuring designer sofa & furniture
- Solid black walnut flooring throughout with high quality furniture and furnishing from well known designers such as Philippe Starck
- Super king handmade silver leaf Frank Hudson bed
- 42" wall TV with 8 satellite channels
- Free wireless internet access
- Outside terrace with table & chairs, outside access to suite available
- Walk in wardrobe with guest safe & well stocked mini bar
- Luxury bathroom with Italian designer glass tiles, oversize double air bath, oversize shower with LED showerhead, under floor heating, LED taps, bathroom TV &Chromotherapy mood ambience lighting
- Dining table & chairs for private breakfast served in the suite
- IPod docking station with clock radio
- Telephone for in room service of drinks & food all served with Villeroy & Boch ceramics, glassware & cutlery of the highest quality
- Designer crystal lighting throughout
- Individual wall coverings & coordinating luxurious soft furnishings
- Private suite entrance with two way butler serving hatch for discreet food & beverage service
- Complimentary tea, coffee & bottled water
- Complimentary private parking
Windermere Suites is a unique place to stay, and gift vouchers would make a fantastic and memorable gift, ideal for an anniversary or wedding gift, a Christmas or birthday present, or to just to say thank you to someone special.Read more...